Frequently Asked Questions
A: Pro Service is a unique and elite collaborative peer group specifically designed for outstanding business owners in the automotive repair industry. It offers a platform for networking, brainstorming, training, and sharing best practices among like-minded professionals.
A: Pro Service comprises exceptional business owners in the automotive repair industry with an average gross sales of $2.5 million. Over 35% of the members are multiple store operators, and the age demographic ranges from 29 to 62 years old. The majority of Pro Service members have been part of the group for over 3 years, with 43% having more than 10 years of tenure.
A: Pro Service is designed for the shop owners who have created great success in their business already and are looking to fine tune and network. If you are looking to share and gain best practices as well as rub shoulders with owners who are also working on getting the most out of their business, then Pro Service may be a great option. If you are looking for opportunities to visit other highly successful shops and learn new things to apply in your own business, you may be a good fit. If you are looking for a positive, encouraging group that will help hold you accountable to what you need to do as an owner, Pro Service might be what you are looking for.
A: The first step of our process is an initial 1-hour interview. We learn about you, your shop, and what you would hope to gain from the program. The second step is an interview with Jim Murphy, the program moderator. One of the main goals of Pro Service is to create a truly symbiotic relationship between all the members. Jim has a firm understanding of what the group has to offer as well as what it takes to be able to contribute to the group. After the interview with Jim, if the candidate is a good fit, a seat will be offered.
A: About 35% of our members have multiple locations. If you are seeking to network with and be around other owners who have multiple locations, Pro Service may be a good solution for you.
A: Our Pro Service members provide compassionate accountability through encouragement and motivation. We require all our Pro Service members to be kind and encouraging, while helping their fellow members learn, apply, and be accountable to the skills they need to take their shops to the next level. Contribution is required. As this is a symbiotic relationship, all members are expected to give of their time, advice, and feedback. You can expect the same in return.
A: Absolutely! Our Pro Service members are located throughout the country, spanning from Alaska to California, and from Florida to New Hampshire, with many in-between. We hold an annual event as well as Master meetings (shop visits) 4-6 times a year. There are plenty of opportunities to get together with your fellow Pro Service members throughout the year. While attending all events is not mandatory, we do request a commitment to attend a minimum of three events annually.
A: An unrivaled bond that you will not find in any other business peer group. The relationships that are formed stretch much farther than groups “reviewing numbers” as the bond that Pro Service creates inspires the entire team of colleagues to continually improve, stay ahead of the curve and be prepared. The relationships that develop allow for more than friendship, it offers a unique ability to have open accountability in a way that is encouraging and supportive at the same time. At Pro Service “the chain is only as strong as the weakest link” and the focus is to make everyone strong. As owners, the ability to plan and be prepared for what is coming allows for perseverance through challenging times. Pro Service is always one step ahead of the competition. The group tackle conversations from HR, marketing, business acquisition, property acquisition, business process, etc.
A: Each colleague is responsible for reporting financial data and key indicators of their business monthly. The data is then processed in a database and provided in Excel format, offering comprehensive insights to shop owners. The Dashboard presents trends, and analytics to benchmark performance effectively.
A: The benefits of Pro Service include:
- Annual Exclusive Pro Service Event: A networking and training opportunity for all Pro Service members.
- Monthly Maintenance Meetings: Virtual meetings where members collaborate, examine business numbers, receive feedback, and engage in training with colleagues. There is also an accountability component to stay focused on business priorities.
- Master Meetings: Occurring in spring and fall, these meetings involve visiting a fellow Pro Service member's shop for three days. It includes topic-driven mastermind sessions, shop evaluation, round table discussions, and collaborative project work.
- Communication Channels: Pro Service members stay connected through emails, texting strings, a dedicated closed Facebook page, and a PAC Slack channel.
- World-Class Coaches: Members have access to on-demand support from expert coaches who can direct them to various resources available in Elite's vast catalog.
A: To be considered for candidacy, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Ownership of an independent auto repair shop (not managers).
- Annual sales of at least $1,000,000.
- Healthy gross profit generation.
- Good understanding of industry Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Good net income generation.
- Positive reviews or the ability to provide images of a clean and professional facility.
- Willingness to both share and receive best practices.
- Demonstration of support for their communities.
- Candidates must complete a comprehensive 2-stage vetting process, and their facility should be located in the United States or Canada without conflicting with an existing Pro Service colleague's location. If there is a conflict, the candidate may be placed on a waitlist.
A: Elite Worldwide's Masters Service Advisor Training is a comprehensive sales training program designed to enhance the skills and performance of service advisors in the automotive industry. It aims to improve sales, gross profit, average repair order (ARO), customer satisfaction, and retention, regardless of the advisor's level of experience. The program is conducted by renowned sales trainers and consists of in-person training, role-play sessions, and ongoing sales coaching.
A: The training covers various topics related to sales and customer service. Here are some of the key areas covered:
- The 5 Requirements of Becoming a Sales Superstar: This section focuses on instilling key beliefs and commitments necessary for sales success.
- The Elite Sales Cycle: It provides a step-by-step guide to the sales process, including building rapport, fact-finding, identifying needs, presenting solutions, building interest and value, asking for the sale, closing, and reselling services.
- The Human Mind: This section explores the psychological factors that influence buying decisions, including key motivators, and mastering emotions.
- Rapport Building: It emphasizes the importance of building a connection with customers through sensory input, effective listening skills, and getting customers to talk about themselves.
- Initial Customer Contact: This section covers fundamental approaches for contact through various channels, such as websites, telephone, and in-person interactions.
- Selling Techniques: It provides strategies for selling different types of services, including vehicle inspections, single point repairs, laundry lists (multiple repairs), maintenance, and diagnostics.
- Sales Concerns and Objections: This part teaches advisors how to handle customer objections effectively, including a five-step process for dealing with objections and turning them into sales opportunities.
- Car Delivery and Follow-Up: It focuses on post-sale activities, including guidelines for active delivery, presentation techniques, and the importance of follow-up calls.
- Ethics in Our Industry: This section emphasizes the significance of ethical practices in sales and customer service.
A: The training does not cover certain technical aspects or job responsibilities specific to automotive technicians or shop management. The topics not covered include:
- Walk around inspections
- Utilizing different software programs
- Writing up an estimate
- Delegating work to technicians/managing technicians
- Technical education related to specific components like CV Axle
A: Throughout the program, Elite Worldwide maintains a strong focus on tracking student performance, including closing ratio and number tracking. Regular meetings are held with management to discuss student progress. The training includes mid-term and final exams, which consist of both oral and written assessments. To pass the course, students are required to score 80% or better. Role-play testing is also conducted over a video conference platform to evaluate the students' application of the training concepts.
A: The program works. We have trained thousands of advisors and the biggest determining factor of success is attitude. If your advisor feels they have room to grow and are excited about the opportunity for development, they stand a good chance. On top of wanting growth, they also must be willing to work to get it. They need to be willing to work hard, attend class, try new things, and be open minded. Our pre-enrollment vetting process is very thorough, and we never enroll a student we don’t feel confident in. If you would like us to give you our opinion on whether your advisor would be a good fit, please reach out to us and schedule a complimentary assessment.
A: Due to our thorough vetting process, we have a great track record with our students. We only move forward with advisors who are willing and able to do the work and can create a great experience for all involved. Some financial statistics pulled from students in 2022:
- $11,212 average monthly increase in sales.
- $127 ARO increase.
- 17% increase in closing ratio of discovered services.
A: Elite Worldwide's training approach centers around developing a profound respect for selling and understanding its impact on helping customers make difficult decisions. The training emphasizes the importance of ethics and selling from the heart. The focus is on people and learning to influence them positively. The program views selling as a transfer of belief and aims to help advisors thrive by instilling a strong foundation in the sales cycle, relationship building, and the psychology of sales. The training provides tools that benefit both the enrolled students and the sales team as it grows.
A: The Top Shop 360 program is a comprehensive coaching and support system offered by Elite to help automotive repair shop owners improve their businesses. It provides weekly calls with a dedicated coach, who helps track key performance indicators (KPIs), offers valuable tips and ideas, and holds owners accountable for taking necessary actions. The program also assists with business purchase and transition and offers guidance for service advisors and technicians.
A: At Elite, our coaching program stands out in several key ways:
- Ethical Approach: At the core of our values is a commitment to ethics. We prioritize operating in the most ethical way possible, recognizing that every individual matters. We encourage our clients to uphold ethical standards and foster a culture of care. Before accepting a client, we conduct thorough due diligence to ensure a strong potential for positive impact.
- Personalized Approach: Unlike "cookie cutter" coaching programs, we believe in tailoring our approach to meet the unique needs of each client. Whether you're a brand-new shop owner finding your way or a seasoned entrepreneur with multiple locations and significant sales, our program is designed to adapt to your specific circumstances. We take a goal-oriented and client-focused approach, prioritizing what you want to achieve.
A: The backbone of the Top Shop 360 program is a 1-on-1 relationship with an Elite coach. It’s important to know, though, that your coach is not the only person you interact with at Elite. You are not on your own “coaching island.” You are surrounded 360° with support. Your coach has a coach and a network of other coaches they work with to help you have success. In addition to coaching support, you will have access to our closed “Client Portal” which houses a business continuity plan, 52-page hiring guide, PDFs, videos, and many other resources. Top Shop memberships also come with complimentary seats to our 3-day Fly with the Eagles management course as well as our 16-part virtual service advisor training course. There are a few additional perks to this program. To learn more, please reach out to us and schedule a call with a team member.
A: Elite coaches are industry leaders and current or previous shop owners who are passionate about helping others. They join the coaching program out of a desire to "pay it forward" and share their expertise and experiences with others. They live by the guiding principles Elite is founded on including never putting money ahead of people and always doing the right thing for the right reasons. The hiring process is very involved and includes intense vetting led by the Elite leadership team. You can find detailed biographies of these coaches on the Elite website at https://eliteworldwide.com/how-we-help/topshop360/.
A: Yes! All our coaches go through an initial in-depth and comprehensive training process to guarantee consistent results and maximize our clients’ return on investment. Most of our coaches are certified. Coaches are required to go through a rigorous certification process with ongoing training to ensure they stay current on industry and economic trends and the latest coaching strategies.
A: The Top Shop 360 program provides several benefits, including:
- Weekly calls with your coach to track and respond to your shop's key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Tips, tricks, and impactful ideas brought to the table by your coach.
- Accountability to help you follow through on the tasks you need to accomplish.
- A friend and resource to celebrate wins and bounce ideas off.
- Assistance with the purchase and transition of your business.
- Guidance on supporting your service advisors and technicians.
A: During the weekly calls, your coach will help track and respond to your shop's Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). They will provide valuable tips, tricks, and ideas that can have a significant impact on your business. Your coach will also hold you accountable for taking the necessary actions, celebrate your wins, and be a resource for bouncing off ideas. Additionally, they can assist you in navigating the purchase and transition of a business and offer advice on supporting your service advisors and technicians. Your coach will always focus on 3 main areas:
- Your goals, interests, and concerns
- Your continued leadership development
- Your growing profits
A: According to scheduled follow-up client calls, 97% of clients are thrilled with their decision to work with Elite Worldwide at the 30-day mark. Whether significant financial results have been achieved early or not, the vast majority moving forward with us, are excited about that decision after a month in the program. 52% of our Top Shop clients have been in the program for longer than 3 years. People stay long term. People find lasting value in our program. Our clients have an average total gross profit gain of $232,373 after one year of coaching. The program more than pays for itself. Increase gross profit gains has allowed our clients to create more stable and profitable working environments for their teams. It allows them to staff better and create opportunities for more time off.
A: Elite Worldwide emphasizes the importance of partnering with coaches who share your principles and values. The relationship between you and your coach is crucial for celebrating wins, holding you accountable to your goals and commitments, and providing support for both your business and personal life. You will find that most of our clients view their coaches as not just a great resource to their business, but a great friend and confidant.
A: Absolutely! You can watch an hour-long webinar/infomercial about the Top Shop 360 program on the Elite website at https://eliteworldwide.com/webinars/. This webinar will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the program and its benefits. You can also reach out to us, and we would be happy to answer any questions you still have, or start the interview process.
A: Timing is important. One of the big priorities our coaches have is getting our clients to work on the business, not in the business. If you are stuck working behind the counter, or working in the shop and feel it would be impossible to stop for a few hours a week to work ON the business, now may not be the right time. The time pull is not significant, but it is a commitment. For this program to be successful, our clients must be able to prioritize their future over their present, and put in the work to implement things learned and discussed with their coach. With that being said, General Patton said “a good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” We encourage avoiding paralysis by analysis by over analyzing. Don’t wait for your circumstances to be perfect, because they, more than likely, never will. The first step of our process is a 1-hour discovery call. In this call, we get to know you, your business, your goals, and what you hope to achieve through coaching. Our coach assignment team then evaluates if you and Elite are a good fit. If we are, they would select a coach who would be best. The second step is a follow up call reviewing the results of that evaluation and going over all details of the program. At that point, you would have all the information to decide if it is a good fit for you.